In today's episode of Tales from the PROS, I chat with the amazing Rand Fishkin. He is the Co-Founder of SparkToro, and previously the Co-Founder of Moz and Inbound.org.
Rand has dedicated his professional life to helping people do better marketing. We talk about his entrepreneurial journey, how he started and exited from Moz, and his inspiration behind starting SparkToro.
In this episode, you will find some crucial insights about achieving startup success and learn how focusing on small wins can lead to bigger achievements.
1. How did Moz start - 2:37
2. Where are businesses heading in today's competitive world - 17:24
3. The power of branding and emotional storytelling, especially in the tech world - 34:12
Listen and Subscribe on iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tales-from-the-pros/id1371067192
1. Rand, as you know that you’re very well known in the marketing world, but for those who don’t know, can you share a little about your story and how you got to where you are today?
2. Due to the crazy times we are in with this crisis, where do you feel digital marketing is headed?
3. What are your thoughts on what small businesses should be focusing on to grow from a strategic marketing perspective?
4. Where do you feel Google is headed in regards to SEO and paid marketing?
5. When it comes to growing your company at Sparktoro and when you grew Moz as well, what were some of the vital steps you took ensuring steady and scalable growth?
6. Do you think brands and business professionals trying to increase exposure and gain more trust and credibility should try to focus more on storytelling?
7. How do you use your story to provide value to others and achieve success?
Check out Rand’s blog here: https://sparktoro.com/blog/
Follow Rand Fishkin:
Check out Rand’s Book “Lost and Founder” here: https://sparktoro.com/book
Follow Me and Subscribe: