In this episode of Tales from the PROS, I chat with Margaret Molloy, who is the Global Chief Marketing Officer at Siegel+Gale, a world-renowned strategic branding, and design firm. She oversees new business, sales and marketing and is one of the most visible CMOs on social media today. Margaret was awarded the 2017 B2B Marketer of the Year by The Drum.
We talk about Margaret's journey to thought leadership, her insight on the power of simplifying a brand, brand storytelling, marketing strategy, customer experience, the role of a CMO, and more.
- Margaret, you being a brand and marketing thought leader, can you tell us a little about your journey of how you got to where you are today in your career?
- Being a very successful CMO and dealing with world-renowned brands, in your expert opinion what is the true role of a CMO in an organization?
- I know you talk a lot about simplicity and removing the clutter from brands and companies, so can you explain some of the common clutter you experience?
- Giving some detail, can you explain your strategies or insight on how to simplify a brand and the way they portray themselves to the public eye?
- When you execute a brand and marketing strategy for your clients, what is your insight on including the customer journey experience as well as storytelling?
- In your experience with funded or organically bootstrapped startups, how should they essentially keep their business "simple" and execute an effective brand strategy?
- What are some of the toughest branding or marketing struggles that you face with brands and how do you overcome them?
- Do you have any specific thoughts and advice on future leaders to help improve their brand and provide the most value to their customers?
- How do you define failure?
- How do you define business?
- How do you define success?