- Hey Everyone. Welcome to Tales from the PROS. This is Michael Georgiou, your host and Co-founder of Imaginovation.
- Introduce the interviewee's name, where they work, and what their company does:
"I have an awesome guest with me today, his name is James Cayzer OR as you all know him in the electronic music scene as JAYTECH. Jaytech, originally from Australia made his name playing progressive music to the trance crowd. As the warmup DJ of choice for Anjunabeats leaders Above & Beyond, he’s played iconic venues like the Hollywood Palladium and Brixton Academy in London. He’s also a seasoned DJ who’s played clubs in every corner of the world, and visited nearly every festival you could imagine including EDC in Vegas, Tomorrowland in Belgium and Electric Zoo in NYC. Also, in his Anjunadeep 02 and Anjunadeep 03 compilations, both of which reached #1 on the US iTunes dance albums chart. WOW.
"Welcome James, it's an honor having you here today"
Specific Questions for the person being interviewed:
FIRST QUESTION TO CAPTURE INTEREST AND ENGAGEMENT:
- James, I have been a fan and listened to your music since the early 2000's and I remember you mixing it up with some of the world's best artist like Above and Beyond, Boom Jinx, Steve Smith, Super8, and many more. When I reached out to you, I still couldn't believe you made the time to be on my podcast. So, I really appreciate it.
- To kick things off, I want to talk about your journey as a DJ and music producer. Essentially you started in the trance scene when you were 14 years old? Tell me about that.
- What's it like to break through the noise and clutter in the industry and making branding yourself to be known in the scene?
- You signed with one of the best trance labels out there called Anjunabeats, what does it take for a DJ to be seen and signed by such a popular label? it can't be just luck or being at the right place at the right time.
- Explain the process you have to take collaborating with other top artists? Does the label kind of choose them or you have the freedom to reach out?
- We all know you've established pretty much your own name and brand, are there any tips and advice you can give to aspiring DJ's in order to brand themselves properly?
- I gotta ask you this question, what's it like opening for Above and Beyond and collaborating with them?
- So, James the next step it seems for you is building your own musical community. Regularly showcasing new artists on your ‘Jaytech Music’ radio show and podcast, which is listened to by tens of thousands every month, and you also established Positronic, which mentors up-and-comers in the studio. Can you explain this venture and what inspired you to start it?
High Level Questions (Broad):
- IF you can explain, what were some struggles you had to go through during the journey to now, and how did you overcome them?
- What advice or tips would you give future DJ's and aspiring producers in the electronic music scene?
- What character traits would you consider the most important in being a successful leader in the music scene? Do you feel that having business knowledge and being entrepreneurial is essential?
- I always ask the THREE HOW'S:
- How do you define failure?
- How do you define entrepreneurship?
- How do you define success?
- Where can everyone find you? What about your podcast as well?
- Thank the interviewee for their time for being on the podcast
- Thank you everyone for listening, this is Michael Georgiou, your host on Tales from the PROS, and until next time.